December 20, 2018
Customer service tools with easy analytics & reporting
You’ve created the customer experience team of dreams. Everyone is passionate and buys into the dream of your brand.
Even still, as a leader in a Digital Customer Care team, it can be really challenging to know where to focus time and resources.
- Do you respond to every single comment? Or just customer service questions?
- What if the post comes from an Influencer?
- How do I schedule my team? Is there a 24/7 requirement?
Most brands experience a spike in activity as the working day ends
The answers to all these questions come from an analysis of your community.
Start by assessing volumes and response times at different parts of the day and night to ensure the right number of staff are on shift at the appropriate time. Then, monitor trends in content to get a global view of what your community is actually talking to you about.
You’ll learn more about the type of content that speaks to them, as well as the most common types of queries coming through each day and night.
Now, consider your social KPIs:
- For organic reach, it may be necessary to respond to every post
- Just starting out? It may be appropriate to dedicate resources to these types of queries to set expectations
- For likes, tweets and shares, prioritize Influencers
Finally, you’ll come to a judgment call on volume vs the capability of your current team. Considering most brands experience a spike in activity as the working day ends (CoSchedule), there may be a need to resource around conventional working hours, especially if you’re leveraging this activity by posting at the end of the day.
The important thing is to move with your audience, and recognize that social never really sleeps.
Monitor stories being told about your brand, competitors, and industry – and be part of the narrative day and night.
If you enjoyed this article, you might also like to read our other CX focused resources:
- How to establish impactful CX reporting practices
- Essential workflow tips for delivering an A+ customer experience
- Unpacking the importance of conversation history in CX interactions
- How to create a brand voice that carries across your channels
Ready to level-up? Download The 2019 CX Playbook, the ultimate resource and guide for CX professionals looking to level-up their customer engagements across owned social media.
During a recent global review of brands using Lexer, we have identified the essential steps to establishing a world-class workflow that improves the customer experience while saving time and money. Whether it’s setting your brand’s tone of voice, reporting or collecting customer data and accessing important customer history, this guide will step you through these essentials and show you how to implement them across your business.
Keen to take the next step in your CX journey?
Talk to us about adopting a better social customer service platform for your enterprise business.